The PR Subcommittee consists of Public Information, Phone Lines, Website, Meeting Directory, and Group Support.
The Public Relations subcommittee of the Eastern Inland Empire Area is a group of members of Narcotics Anonymous who believe in the concept “To assure that NO ADDICT seeking recovery need die without having had a chance to find a better way of life. From this day forward may we provide the necessary services.” The purpose of the subcommittee is to inform the public that Narcotics Anonymous exists. That it offers recovery from active addiction and information about how and where to find it.
If you think you would like to help out ….
Open Commitments are as follows:
- Vice Chair
- Assistant Phone Line Tech Coordinator
If you would like to be of service to this amazing committee, come to the next subcommittee meeting!
The Public Relations (PR) subcommittee meetings are held the second Sunday of the month at 2pm. We are meeting virtually before area meeting. Click this link to be taken straight to the meeting https://zoom.us/j/9519091234?pwd=654321
- We held elections in November and we still need a Chair , Vice Chair and other positions.
We are asking all groups in our area to send a representative to the PR meeting to help us grow our subcommittee:
- A PR representative is a member of a group who attends the area monthly PR sub-committee meeting, and collects subcommittee information which the individual then takes back to their respective groups.
- Should the local PR subcommittee have a need for support from the fellowship, these representatives would solicit help within their groups. This is a great position for the sub-committee as these members are a part of the committee and can focus on issues/needs specific to Public Relations, unlike a GSR who has generic information on all parts of the area.
- The position in the EIE area suggests 90 days of clean time; thus allowing newer N.A. members to get actively involved in service. (We hope to mentor these reps, by remaining on the sub- committee, so they may end up feeding the service committee in terms of the spiritual concept of rotation of the elected members.)
- The representatives can then be utilized in various aspects of Public Relations such as Booth sitting and manning Phone-lines. (This would be an elected position keeping in mind our fourth tradition of group autonomy.)
To download a copy of PR subcommittee guidelines click
To download a copy of the PR Handbook click here click
To get more PR resources visit our NAWS page click
To access webmail for subcommittee member click